Terms & Conditions
1. BOOKING: Provisional reservations can be accepted by telephone and must be confirmed within 5 working days of receipt of a completed booking form, together with a 20% non-returnable deposit of the total cost of the holiday. This should be sent to T & S Hammett, 1 Brockhill Lodge, Station Road, Broadclyst, Exeter EX5 3AR. For booking made less than 6 weeks before the commencement date of the holiday period, payment should be made in full.
2. AUTHORITY TO SIGN: The person who signs the booking form certifies that he/she is authorized to agree to the conditions on booking on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted at a later date. The signatory must be a member of the party occupying the accommodation and must be over the age18 years.
3. FINAL PAYMENT: The balance of the letting charge along with the refundable key/security deposit (which will be banked), must be paid 6 weeks before the commencement of the period booked. Failing which the right to hire the accommodation will terminate and the owner’s will have the right to retain the deposit. Once accommodation has been booked and confirmed, you have entered into a binding contract with the owner.
4. CANCELLATION: Any intention to cancel the booking should be notified as soon as possible. In the event of a cancellation every endeavor will be made to re-let the accommodation on the tenant’s behalf, but if no re-letting is effective all monies paid will be forfeited. N.B. It is therefore advisable to take out cancellation cover. (This, along with other holiday travel cover, is available from any travel agent or insurance broker at modest cost).
5. NON-AVAILABILITY OF ACCOMMODATION: In certain very rare cases the owner may have to cancel bookings due, for instance through illness, fire damage, or flood. All monies will be returned and priority given to future bookings.
6. METHOD OF PAYMENT: All payments either by cheque or BACS (details on request). Cheques should be made payable to T & S Hammett. In no circumstances are post-dated cheques acceptable.
7. THE TENANCY: The Tenancy created by this agreement is a Holiday Let within paragraph 9 of Part 1 to schedule 1 of the Housing Act 1988.
8. ENTRY/EXIT OF PROPERTY: Entry to property is from 2pm of day of booking. You are asked to vacate the property by 10am on day of departure in a clean & tidy condition, and make a request that it is left as near as possible as you found it on arrival. If extra cleaning is required over and above the normal changeover, a deduction will be taken from the security/damage/key deposit.
9. NUMBER IN PARTY: The accommodation may only be occupied by the persons named on the booking form. No other persons may use the accommodation for any purpose except by arrangement with the owners in writing. The maximum number of persons allowed must never be greater than six (except in addition a baby in carrycot is allowed) without prior permission from the owners.
10. NOISE AND NUISANCE: Noise from TV, radio etc, and musical instruments must be restricted to a reasonable level so as not to cause annoyance or disturbance. Visitors must not do anything, which may be or become a nuisance or annoyance to the owners or occupiers of any neighbouring property.
11. DAMAGE AND BREAKAGES: Visitors are responsible for replacing or repairing all breakages, damage or loss or reimbursing the owners for expenses incurred due to damage of property or contents. All damage to property or contents must be reported to the owners.
12. PETS: Pets are not allowed. If a dog is heard or seen, you will forfeit your security deposit.
13. SMOKING: This is strictly a non-smoking property.
14. BOOKINGS: All bookings Saturday to Saturday.
15. LIABILITY: The owners of the accommodation do not accept any liability whatsoever to any person or member of a holiday party for any personal injury, loss or damage to property however sustained or caused nor for the loss of theft or property and /or money.
16. THE RIGHT OF ENTRY: to the accommodation at all times on one hours notice (except in emergency then without notice) is reserved by the owner with or without workmen for the purpose of inspection or to carry out repairs deemed necessary to the accommodation facilities or equipment including the exterior and garden.